Thursday, June 27, 2013

Skincare Routine

I decided what better way to kick off a beauty blog than with my skincare routine. As we all know skincare is the basis of any good beauty routine. Let me give you a little background on my skin..I have very sensitive combination acne prone skin. I get acne breakouts usually on my cheeks and I have really bad post acne scarring. I also have eczema so in the places that I am dry ( which on my face is my cheeks) i am severely dry. My t-zone is super oily. So as you can tell so far my face works in extremes. I've tried Proactiv (too harsh), Cetaphil (not harsh enough), and just about everything in between. I've read enough beauty manuals and magazines to know that for a skincare routine to truly work you need to cleanse, tone, moisturize and treat. One day in mid April I decided to sit down with my iPad and just read tons of reviews on Sephora and put together my own routine.

First I started with a cleanser. I knew I wanted something with salicylic acid to help with acne but I also knew my extremely sensitive skin could not take anything to harsh. I really love gel cleansers so I decided to pick up Philosophy Clear Days Ahead.




Next up was a toner. I again needed needed something fit for Goldilocks :). Not too hard, not too soft, but just right. Most toners contain alcohol so I was looking for one that did not contain any or at least not too much. I decided on Origins United State.
As I stated, I have some post acne scarring and that is a major concern of mine so I really wanted a treatment that garnered great reviews. This Kate Somerville D-Scar has almost 5 stars so I decided to give it a shot.
Lastly of course I needed a moisturizer. This was the hardest part for me because as I stated I have very dry but also very oily skin. I surprisingly decided on an oil moisturizer. I know crazy right?! But this Josie Maran Argan Oil is the bees knees guys!

 So Ive been using this routine for a couple months now and let me tell you my skin is seriously the best its ever been. What skincare have you guys been loving? Leave a comment and let me know!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment